2016 SONA Annual Meeting
The annual meeting of the Southern Ontario Neuroscience Association (SONA) of the Society for Neuroscience (SFN) will be held at The University of Waterloo in Federation Hall on May 6, 2016. The preliminary program, as well as online registration and abstract submission is now available on their website at www.sonasfn.org.
The SONA meeting is a one-day regional meeting that provides an inexpensive opportunity for students, postdocs and faculty of Southwestern Ontario universities to present their work, to get to know each other, and to network.
- Bryan E. Kolb (University of Lethbridge), Plasticity in the developing brain
- Adrian Owen (Western University), The Master of Suspense: Consciousness and Executive Function
Computational Neuroscience session:
- Chris Eliasmith (University of Waterloo), An approach to large-scale, integrated neural modeling
- Jean-Phillippe Thivierge (University of Ottawa), Embracing neural diversity: How the brain makes sense of complex activity to guide decisions
- Randy McIntosh (Rotman Research Institute), Talk title TBA
In addition, four trainees will be invited to each present a 10-minute talk.
- April 8: If you wish to be considered for a trainee talk, please submit your abstract by this date.
- April 15: Regular abstract submission deadline (will not be considered for a trainee talk).
- April 22: Online registration deadline for non-presenting attendees. Please be aware that there is no on-site registration. If you plan to attend the meeting you must pre-register online.
Abstracts will be peer reviewed.
For more information and to register online, please visit the SONA website at www.sonasfn.org